By challenging ourselves to be inclusive and innovative—to work collaboratively, embrace technologies and implement new ways of doing things—together, we can create and manage an interconnected system of marine protected areas.
To achieve this, we need to share knowledge and data across nations and cultures. We need to support holistic and evidence-based decision making to address issues like biodiversity loss, the climate crisis and the global pandemic recovery.
Priority areas of discussion
- Celebrating opportunities and discoveries
- Exploring novel institutional and governance arrangements
- Engaging local cultures and politics
- Showcasing new technologies to advance protection and connection of MPAs
- Embracing new partners and stakeholders and interdisciplinary approaches