IMPAC5 is where we will come together and take a stand to protect the ocean.
- Demonstrate global support for marine conservation efforts such as networks of marine protected areas1 and marine spatial planning.
- Provide an opportunity to celebrate and galvanize global cooperation in marine conservation.
- Provide an opportunity for countries to come together to develop a roadmap to a post-2020 biodiversity framework for ocean conservation.
- Showcase the important role of marine protected areas in addressing the climate crisis and conserving biodiversity in a post-pandemic world.
- Share what is uniquely Canadian: our vast marine and coastal environment, the rich diversity of local and Indigenous peoples and coastal cultures, our collective efforts, and our world-class ocean science and management regime.
Join us in Vancouver in September 2022